Most of the iPhone users may know that there is two major sign appearing in your iMessage interface. One sign is a blue bubble and another one is a green bubble. When you type one text in your iPhone message interface and tap to send to send the message. If the message bubble appears in a blue color that means your message sent successfully. Otherwise, if you get the green bubble then there is some error and your message has been sent using your normal text messages. This is due to the reason that your iMessage is not working properly. Now, most of the time this types of errors may be created due to some silly problems. There are no major issues created, such that you will find this problem in iMessage.
So on this topic, you will get to know in details about the iMessage in iPhone, iPad, iPod etc. After that, we will explain the error created in your iMessage and procedure to fix that errors completely. Our steps are totally tested in devices and definitely, you can get the solution while you apply this to your devices. Then let’s start to discuss the problems and solutions in the context below.
What is iMessage?
iMessage is a dedicated messaging app for Apple devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod etc. This app is slightly different from the normal text messaging app (SMS, MMS). This app uses your mobile data for sending the messages. It will not work with your normal cellular plan which is provided by your network provider. One of the negative points of this iMessage is that you can not able to send messages between non-Apple devices like Android. You only need to remain to connect or send messages between iPhone, iPod, iPad etc. If you get blue bubble after sending a message that means your message has been sent successfully. If you get the green bubble that means your message has been sent using default text message app.
Why is iMessage not working and it’s solution?
When you try to send any messages it is found that your message is not sending via iMessage. At that time you need to find out the error that where your contact no. is incorrect or the iMessage is not working properly. If your iMessage is not working with only one contact then the problem is on your specific on that contact only. Otherwise, if iMessage is not working with any of your contacts then your contact list has a problem. So
So at first if you have anyone of your friends with iPhone then check by sending one message to him via iMessage. If it showing a blue bubble then its ok otherwise it will show a green bubble. Now we will show you some of the important steps through which you can fix the errors when iMessage is not working.
- Set up iMessage properly– To set up this step you need to go to your home screen at first and select the Settings option and then tap on the Message menu. On Message menu you need to expand Send and receive the menu. Now you will find some emails and phone numbers lists that should be remain configured for conversation. Now you will again find on the section under the menu named as “Start the new conversation from”. If you find no check mark against your phone number then tap on it to check and activate for iMessage in your number.
- Reboot your iMessage– Open your Settings from the home screen and now you need to select the Message option. On this option menu, you will get iMessage which you need to turn off iMessage for your iPhone. Now turn off your iPhone or iPad by holding the power button and slide to turn it off. Now again turn on your device and similarly form Settings-> Messages-> iMessage turn it On.
- Sign out/in of iMessage– Go to your Settings menu and then select Messages and again select ‘send and receive’. Now you will find your Apple Id which you need to sign out from your device. And again Sign in after a few minutes. Now again try to send and receive messages with other iPhone device and check it working or not.
- iOS update- Sometimes it happens that your phone is coming up with new updates and you did not install it on your phone. At that time you need to open Settings and then click General and now Software Update. If an update is available for your iOS then install it now and check where the problem is fixed or not.
- Check internet connection- As we already informed the iMessage is only getting works with cellular data and Wi-Fi only. IF your phone is not connected to any of the internet connection then connect it now. Otherwise, if any problems occur in network connectivity then reset your network connection from Settings->Generel->Reset->Reset network settings.
So these are all the solution through which iPhone, iPad, iPod etc. users can easily fix up their iMessage. The above tricks are totally tested in Apple devices and we suggest these steps to apply on your device. We hope if you will apply the same to your phone then the iMessage will definitely start to work on your device. If still, you find any problem then please go to Apple.com support to get know or take help from the service partners easily. We also want you all to do a faith for us that please read the whole topic described above properly.